Registered Occupational Therapist in the Marion County School System. Author of the World of Smiles Handwriting Program. Mother of three children.
My name is Sonya Williams and I have taught in the Florida public school system for 24 years. I have worked at the school and district level in Title-1 schools. I value the efforts made by Marion Charter to improve the educational experiences of all learners. I am honored to be a board member for Marion Charter and look forward to an exiting year!
• Retired Speech/Language Pathologist (CCC-SLP)
• Master of Science Degree ~ Florida State University
• Bachelor of the Arts Degree ~ The University of Florida
• Previous Board Member for the Junior League of Ocala
• Previous Parent-Teacher League President ~ St. John Lutheran
• Previous Board Member for the Ivy Circle Garden Club of Ocala
• Along with husband, Chris Spears, owners of Prestige Auto Sales
• Mother of two daughters, Savannah (17) and Saylor (13)
• Alpha Delta Pi Sorority member while attending UF
• Fourth generation Ocalan